Qs School is bound by the law on privacy legislation Privacy ACT 1988. Qs School reserves the right to explain the terms of this policy.
Qs School supports the Australian Privacy Principles for handling personal information. Qs School can collect information about students and parents and/or guardians before, during and after the course of a student’s enrolment at the School; as well as that of job applicants, staff members, volunteers and contractors.
The purposes for which the School collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information include:
· Assessing a student’s application for enrolment
· Keeping parents/guardians informed about their child ’s education
· Look after the educational needs, safety, care and wellbeing of its
· Satisfying the School’s legal obligations and duty of care to its students
· Assist with the general educational and administrative purposes of the School
· Assess and if appropriate engage persons as employees, volunteers or contractors.
Collection of personal information
The School will generally collect personal information held about an individual on forms completed by parents/guardians or students, and through online forms, face-to-face meetings and interviews, telephone calls, etc.
The School will also collect personal information from job applicants, volunteers and contractors who seek to be involved with the School. Information about these persons may also be obtained from referees, or other organisations for whom they have worked.
The kinds of personal information that the School collects and holds includes:
· student information such as date of birth, identity documents, photographs, health information, study records, academic results and performance
· phone and email contact details and addresses
· employment history, qualifications, police records, references.
Personal information provided by other people
In some circumstances the School may be provided with personal information about an individual from a third party; e.g., a report provided by a medical professional or a reference from another school or organisation.
How will the school use the personal information
The School’s main purpose in collecting personal information is to enable it to provide schooling for each student. The School may use the personal information of students and parents in the following ways:
· To keep parents informed about matters related to their child’s schooling, through correspondence, e-letters, and online reports;
· For day-to-day administration;
· To ensure students’ educational, social and medical well-being;
· To satisfy the School’s legal obligations and allow it to discharge its duty of care to its students and staff.
Qs School understands an individual’s right to keep his or her personal information private, and is committed to protecting and maintaining the privacy, accuracy and security of personal information.
To whom might the school disclose personal information
The School may disclose personal information, including sensitive information, held about an individual to:
· Another school, as required with the person’s authorisation;
· Government departments with official authorisation;
· Medical practitioners in emergency situations;
· Service providers to the School, including co-operation programs;
· Recipients of School publications; e.g., e-letters and the School website;
· Parents; in the case of teachers – the Victorian Institute of Teaching;
· Any other agencies specifically authorised by a parent or guardian
Personal information about students will usually be collected from their parents/guardians although there may be times when the School will also collect such information directly from the students themselves. The School will usually disclose personal information about its students to their parents/guardians. However, there may be occasions when it is appropriate that access to and disclosure of such information to parents/guardians, and even to the students themselves, should be lawfully denied.
How will the school treat sensitive information
Sensitive information means information relating to a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional or trade association membership, sexual preferences, criminal record, and health information. Unless authorised, or it is allowed by law, sensitive information will be used and disclosed only for the purpose for which it was provided, or for a directly related secondary purpose.
Management and security of personal information.
The School has steps in place to protect the personal information it holds, including passworded access rights to computerised records.
Failure to provide information
If the information the School requests is not provided the main consequences may be that the School cannot enrol or continue to enrol a student, or employ or continue to employ a staff member, volunteer or contractor, or allow a student to participate in a school activity or to provide or allow services to be provided to the student.
Access to personal information
A person may request access to personal information that the School holds about him or her and the School will respond within a reasonable time.
The School will take reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information held by it is up to date, complete, relevant, not misleading and accurate. A person may ask for their personal information to be corrected if it is inaccurate.
The personal information of an unsuccessful job applicant, volunteer or contractor will be destroyed unless the School is given consent to the information being held for future positions that might arise.
In some circumstances it may be lawful for the School to refuse a person to have access to the personal information the School holds about them.
Requests to access or correct information the School holds about an individual or a child should be sent to the campus office of related Qs School campus.
Image, Audio and Video
For teaching and training purposes, Qs School will be recording classes of Online Courses, and there is a chance students within the class may appear in these recordings when they answer a question or are involved in a class discussion. These videos will be carefully handled and used to help students who missed classes and/or Qs School internal training purposes only.
A person may make a complaint to the School if he or she considers that the School has interfered with his or her privacy because of an alleged breach of the Australian Privacy Principles.
The procedure to make a complaint is:
For more information about the way the School manages the personal information it holds, please contact Qs School by following email address: Director@QsSchoolGroup.com.au.
Further information on privacy legislation may be obtained by contacting the office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner. See the website: www.oaic.gov.au.
Update: Ver 20231104
Effective from: 4th November 2023
Qs School Box Hill Enrolment and Tuition Fee Policy
Qs School Box Hill endeavours to continue improving the coaching quality and provide better value to students and Parents. Meanwhile with the school commitment for quality operation, we require the students also commit to the study effectively. Qs School Box Hill has set up the following enrolment and tuition fee policy. Please read it carefully before your enrolment.
1. To encourage students to obtain the best possible results during their study at Qs School Box Hill, all main stream course students need to commit to attending the course for at least one full Qs School term. To ensure quality education and to not interrupt other students, Qs School Box Hill will continue to not accept early withdrawal.
2. As Qs School Box Hill is compliant with Victorian building and occupancy requirement for State and Private Schools, we have very limited seat availability at each training period. To ensure all students have equal opportunities to enrol and to make the lowest possible tuition fees, we hope to not waste any seats. Therefore before enrolling, please make sure you will have the time to attend the study and please carefully choose the correct course(s) to enrol into. Once enrolled, no early withdrawal will be allowed and no refund or credit will be given.
3. In a very special circumstance, such as hospitalization or disability that prevent a student from continuing his/her study at Qs School Box Hill, notification through official evidences and a written application to Qs School Box Hill may allow us to provide special compensation. But this will not be guaranteed, and may less than your tuition fee paid.
4. Full Term On-Time discount: 5% will be applied if the student is enrolled for a full-term and payment is made in full within the specified discount period.
5. Siblings discount: 5% extra discount will be applied to the second sibling and onwards from the same family when they enrol together at the same time. This discount is for Full Term On-Time discount students only. The discount is applied to the lower fee students only. The enrolments must be made together and the payment must be made by the on-time discount due date.
6. Any discount applies to tuition fees only, not for textbooks and teaching materials. All discounts apply to a full package of Empower, Elite course and/or a program, not for one or more single subject(s). Neither for study in different Levels.
7. Current student priority: enrolment will be opened to current Qs School Box Hill students one week earlier to ensure a priority seat. Then seats will be equally opened to all students, including new students.
8. For students who would like to enrol Qs School for less than a full term or want to try a lesson, we recommend you to enrol at another campus of Qs School. These are Caulfield, Monash City (Springvale), Point Cook, Knox City, Yarra Valley (Ringwood), Bayside (Cheltenham), Essendon and Preston. These campuses may have limited seats available for some levels.
Please read this policy carefully. By completing your enrolment and payment, you have fully understood and agreed to the above policies.
Qs School Box Hill reserves the right to explain the terms of these policies.
Qs School Box Hill
Qs School Box Hill报名和学费政策
(中文翻译 - 内容以英文原文为准)
Qs School Box Hill一直致力于提升教学质量和给学生和家长提供更好价值的服务。在学校承诺提供优质培训的同时，我们也同样强调学生作出有效学习的承诺。以下是相应的报名及学费政策。请在您决定入学之前仔细阅读。
1.为鼓励学生在Qs School Box Hill学习期间得到可能的最好结果，主体课程的所有学生都至少要参加一个完整学期的学习。为了保证学习质量和不影响他人的学习，Qs School Box Hill不接受中途退学。
2. Qs School Box Hill是一所与州立和私立日校一样符合政府对建筑物和教室全面要求的学校，同时为了保证教学效果，我们每个时间段可容纳学生人数是非常有限制的。为了让每个想到Qs School Box Hill学习的学生有同等机会，我们需要保证任何座位不能被轻易浪费。请在报名前确保学生将有“可以保障的上课时间”，并选择适合的课程。一旦报名和缴费，就不可以提前退学，也不能要求退费或保留积分用作以后使用。
3. 对于极其特殊理由，比如住医院，重伤而无法继续在Qs的学习，请向Qs School Box Hill管理层提出书面申请并附有有效证明文件。管理层审议后可能会做特殊处理,但不保证可以退款或全款退款。
5. 兄弟姐妹折扣：对于以上按时交费折扣获得者，如果同一家庭另一个或多个子女在同一时间报名Qs School Box Hill并在截止日期前付清全部费用者，从第二个孩子起，享受额外的5%折扣，这个折扣只能用在较低学费的孩子身上。不同时报名的兄弟姐妹不能享受这一折扣。
8. 对于想参加Qs School培训，但无法承诺全学期学习的学生或想试课的学生，我们建议与Qs School的其它校区 Caulfield、Monash City（Springvale）、Point Cook、Knox City、Yarra Valley（Ringwood）、Bayside（Cheltenham）、Essendon和Preston联系，他们可能在部分年级有少量位置可以满足不同学生的要求。
Qs School Box Hill保留解释本政策条款的权利。
Qs School Box Hill
Qs School Cancellation and Refund Policy
Course amendment and cancellation by the School:
Customer rights for amending or cancelling an enrolment:
Update: Ver 20231104
Effective from: 04 November 2023
Qs School Payment Policy
Methods of payment:
The parent/guardian may pay the tuition fee and teaching material fee using one of the following methods:
Fees on payments:
Payments in advance:
Details of Enrolment and Payment Policies may vary from campus to campus. Please obtain the relevant details from the specific campus before enrolling and making a payment.
Update: Ver 20231104
Effective from: 4 November 2023